Skin aging and wrinkles are a normal part of the aging process. But no one said it would be fun. e.. Since centuries, women have been treating their skin with natural extracts and oils to keep it healthy, glowing, and wrinkle-free. However, exposure to dangerous rays, global warming, increased environmental toxins, preserved food, and other such reasons have made the human of today’s world more vulnerable to increased signs of aging.
Skin is the largest organ in the body and is a reflection of what is happening inside your body. It reveals your internal health even before the first crackling sound of knees. It reveals that the systems are slowing down and cells are malfunctioning by showing different signs, including these.
- The skin starts losing its fat and becomes thinner with age.
- The upper texture of skin becomes rough. This roughness gradually replaces plumpness.
- Skin tags, discoloration, pigmentation, and freckles are the signs of aging skin.
- The natural repair process of skin slows down. It demands topical application and excessive care.
These are the early signs of aging skin. The skin continues to age and reveal other symptoms including .
- Dry and flaky skin appears. The skin produces lesser sebum, which makes it itchy.
- Skin tags and spots become stubborn. They do not go even after application of topical creams.
- The skin gets cuts and bruises easily. These bruises take longer than normal to heal.
- Wrinkles and fine lines start appearing. Crowfeet appear on eyes and skin becomes saggy.
Causes of Aging
A number of reasons may cause skin aging including the following.
- Sun causes serious damage to your skin. Dehydration or lack of water retention in the skin Smoking decreases the performance of kidneys and leads to water and sodium loss.
- Environmental pollution and toxins play harsh roles in damaging the skin. Excessive exposure to makeup products and cosmetics allow the parabens and lead in these products to penetrate your skin and harm it. Sleep deprivation reduces cell oxygenation and cause wrinkles, crowfeet, and fine lines.
Ingredients Useful in including to prevent Skin Aging
AHA and BHA
AHA is short for “Alpha Hydroxy Acid.“ To put it simply, alpha hydroxy acid is your dead skin “detacher.” Imagine your skin as many cells, held together by a “glue.” AHA works by loosening up this glue and letting the cells fall away easier. This helps to reveal brighter, healthier, and plumper skin beneath. It is most commonly found in the following three forms: Glycolic, lactic, and mandelic. You can find AHA acids in PriyanaMD products such as VersaCleanse Brightening Foaming Cleanser, VersaPeel Intense Exfoliant
- Glycolic. The most common of all the AHAs, this acid has the smallest molecular structure, which allows it to be the most effectual on the skin but also the most potentially irritating. I recommend looking for it in low concentrations if you are new to AHA products — 3-5%. Alpha Hydrox is a commonly recommended line of glycolic acid products. Has a mild humectant property. PriyanaMD VersaCleanse Foaming Cleanse has a total of 3% Glycolic Acid
- Lactic. The second most common of all the AHAs. This is the basis for the beloved St. Ives pads. The molecular structure is larger than AHA but not as large as mandelic. It is highly recommended for sensitive skin types, such as rosacean skin. Lactic acid is also milk derived. You can find Lactic Acid in PriyanaMD VersaCleanse Gentle Gel Cleanser
Many studies also have proven that AHAs increase dermal thickness and improve collagen density as well as quality of elastic fibers.
AHAs are a great choice for dry skin — they all have some humectant properties (meaning they hold moisture to the skin) and are water-soluable. This means they work best on bare, clean skin.
- AHAs do increase photosensitivity, so pleasewear a sunscreen during the day! I highly recommend PriyanaMD’s chemical free VersaTint SPF 30.
I also recommend only using an AHA 2x a week, if you are sensitive-skinned, though some can use it every night without issue. If you are new to AHAs, introduce them every third night and build up to every other night until you know your tolerance.
BHA is short for “Beta Hydroxy Acid.“ BHAs are a bit more complicated than AHAs. They work by penetrating the pore and essentially “degunking.” This is what makes them preferred for oily and acne-prone skin, though acne-prone skin can certainly benefit from an AHA! VersaCleanse Brightneing Foaming Cleanser is an amazing face wsh for Acne prone skin because it has both Glycolic Acid and Salicyclic Acid in addition to witch hazel and Willow Bark Extract which is a natural BHA that provides mild exfoliation.
For the purpose of this post, the BHA we will be talking about is salicylic acid. Because of this, it is not advised to use salicylic acid products if you have an asprin allergy.
Salicylic acid has no humectant properties, and in fact usually causes drying of the skin, though it is usually more gentle than other common acne treatments, such as benzoyl peroxide.
Same thing as AHAs — If you are new to BHAs, start slow, and build until you find your tolerance. Some may find they can use BHAs twice a day. BHA acids can be found in PriyanaMD products such as VersaCleanse Brightening Foaming Cleanser, VersaCleanse Gentle Gel Cleaser and VersaPeel Instense Ecfoliator.
So in summary:
- AHAs – Drier skin types. “Unglues” dead skin. Glycolic, lactic, mandelic. Humectant properties. Causes photo-sensitivity – Can use AM or PM.
- BHAs – Oilier skin types. “Degunks” pores. Salicylic acid. Can be drying. Does not cause photo-sensitivity. Can use AM or PM.
- They are best if used together. Sensitive-skinned folk should proceed with caution.
Why add a Hyaluronic Acid to your skincare regimen. Is it good for acne and also normal to dry skin?
Hyaluronic acid is phenomenally helpful for all skin types. For those with oily skin, and sensitive or normal skin hyaluronic acid does remarkable things in the skin. Most acne patients are terrified of the word moisturizer, but PriyanaMD HylaSilk is an oil free serum that is exceptionally lightweight texture that feels weightless on skin even though it has such concentrated moisturizing properties. It also replensishes moisture level so the helping the skin from overproducing oil. For those with sensitive skin it’s also incredibly gentle but drenches skin with long-lasting hydration. A leading Hyaluronic Acid product, HylaSIlk by PriyanaMD was featured by New Beauty magazine as a Top Skin Primer that makes a difference in skin, HylaSilk is also formulated with Vitamin B3 that helps control skin shine and reduce inflammation and peptides that reduce wrinkles. Best HA serum in the market!!
10 Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
The dermatologic and aesthetic benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Serum are too numerous to count. Here are just ten of the amazing ways hyaluronic acid enhances the health and appearance of your skin.
- Hydration – Able to hold up to 1000 times its molecular weight in water, hyaluronic acid penetrates the skin and binds skin cells to water, infusing all layers of the skin with valuable, rejuvenating moisture.
- Humectant – After infusing the epidermis with valuable moisture, hyaluronic acid continues to draw moisture in from the surrounding environment to provide lasting hydration benefits.
- Lipid barrier enhancement – Hyaluronic acid fortifies the skin’s natural barriers to lock moisture in for an even more dramatic hydrating effect.
- Increased resilience – By enhancing the skin’s natural barriers, the skin is better able to defend itself against environmental age-factors and pollutants.
- Tighter skin tone – As it fills the skin with moisture, Hyaluronic acid tightens the overall complexion and firms facial contours for a more youthful appearance.
- Smoother texture – Much in the same way it tightens the skin, it also smoothes the texture of the skin for a silky smooth finish you can see and feel.
- Less visible fine lines and wrinkles – Hyaluronic acid reduces the size and visibility of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating skin cell production of collagen and elastin, two fibers that contribute to skin elasticity.
- Stimulates skin cell regeneration – In addition to stimulating skin cell production of collagen, hyaluronic acid promotes skin cell regeneration for healthier cells and a more vibrant complexion.
- Pigmentation – A description of hyaluronic acid wouldn’t be compete without mentioning ability to reduce and prevent age spots and pigmentation issues.
- Clarity – By promoting proper moisture balance in the skin, hyaluronic acid prevents the over-production of oil that clogs pores to cause breakouts.
An extract of Vitamin A, Retinol is highly effective to improve collagen production, repair skin, retain water, and remove the dead cells and toxins from skin. However, the benefits of Retinol depend upon its suitability. Sometimes, the sensitive skin may react harshly to Retinol creams. Retinol can be found in PriynaMD products such as VersaLIft Eye Cream, Damage Control C + DNA
Cant find an eye cream that works? Does your eye cream have Retinol in it? What other ingredients should an eye cream have to combat puffiess, dark circles and wrinkles. But what helps under eye pufiness?
Choosing an eye cream with a Retinol like VersaLift Eye Cream by PriyanaMD with help to smooth out wrinkles, soften skin, reduce crowes feet, wrinkles and fine lines but you also need a few other ingredients to combat signs of aging around the eyes. These few key ingredients are known to strengthen the elasticity of the skin and smooth the undereye area while decreasing puffiness. An effective eye cream like VersaLIft by PriyanaMD will contain peptides and antioxidants. Palymitoyl Tetrapeptide 7, to stimulates circulation and strengthens the skin. It is especially useful in treating dark circles. HylaCell by PriyanaMD, a proprietary combination of three peptide molecules, boosts the circulatory system and reduces fluid retention under the eyes. According to a 2002 clinical study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, patients experienced a 30 percent reduction in the depth of their wrinkles after applying a 10 percent concentration of Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, or Argireline, for 30 days. Palymiyoyl Tetrapeptide and Matrixyl 3000 are two star ingredients to look for. They improve elasticity by stimulating the growth of collagen fibers. Hyaluronic Acid is a key ingredient in any effective eye cream, as it moisturizes and hydrates the thin skin under the eyes while diminishing puffiness. Any mixture of these key ingredients will do, so check your labels carefully.
Overall, PriyanaMD eye cream VersaLift wins awards for its ability to tackle every existing eye-related cosmetic issue: dark circles, puffiness, crepiness, fine lines, wrinkles, and bags. What’s more, it’s also suitable for all ages and all skin types (yep, even sensitive skin). It is a powerful, preventative, and effective eye cream. Users in their 20s and in their 60s alike rave about its smooth texture, and visible results including the duration of just one bottle. Plus, only a small-sized drop is needed for this potent serum to perform its magic to your skin. For more information about VersaLift visit www.priyanamd.com.
Vitamin C is a very popular ingredient in skin care products because it is a free-radical fighter and helps produce collagen naturally. This is because the serum from vitamin C has a higher concentration of L-ascorbic acid.
Want beautiful, flawless looking skin? Try PriyanaMD HylaSilk and Damage Control C + DNA
What does the serum do?
- Acts as an antioxidant – The process of oxidation damages the skin cells. Vitamin C serums are rich in anti-oxidants that repair and renew the cells and give the skin a healthier look.
- Helps produce collagen – Collagen binds the cells of our body. Vitamin C serum stimulates the synthesis of collagen in the skin which will give you a tighter, firmer and less sagged feel. It is a good first-step solution to treat the onset of wrinkles.
- Restores and regenerates – Vitamin C attacks the free radicals in your body and does some hardcore damage management. If you have any acne scars left from your previous breakout, you’ll find them fading with regular application.
- Protects you from the sun – Getting overexposed to the sun can cause hyperpigmentation and sun spotting. A vitamin C serum will counteract any harmful effect of the sun and also decrease the chances of skin cancer by thickening the dermis layer. But it is important to note that a vitamin c serum cannot replace your sunscreen. A sunscreen provides the much needed SPF protection by shielding the outer layer of the skin while the vitamin c serum acts as a sun barrier from within the skin. You should apply the sunscreen as well as the vitamin C serum before going outside for prolonged periods of time.
Green Tea and Aloe
Green Tera is 200 times more powerful than Vitamin E st destroying free radicals. It helps to make the skin smoother and fuller. Green Tea and Aloe both sooth and calm the skin. They are anti-inflammatory ingredients. In cluding ingredients that calm the skin partners well with active ingredients resulting in effective products without the irritation. PriyanaMD products all contain anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Green Tea, Aloe, and Panthenol B5.Green tea improves your skin complexion and makes your skin healthy. It helps flush out toxins from the skin, heals blemishes and scars, and reduces inflammation. It even improves the skin’s elasticity.
1. Improves Skin Complexion
Green tea improves your skin complexion and makes your skin healthy. It helps flush out toxins from the skin, heals blemishes and scars, and reduces inflammation. It even improves the skin’s elasticity.
2. Reduces Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles-Green Tea is found in VersaLift Eye Cream
3. Fights Aging Signs
Green tea has anti-aging and antioxidant benefits that can help delay signs of skin aging, such as sagging skin, sun damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
The polyphenols in green tea help neutralize harmful free radicals, which can cause significant damage to the skin and accelerate the aging process.
4. Treats Acne and Pimples
The catechins in green tea are antibacterial agents that help fight acne-causing bacteria. Catechins even help regulate hormonal imbalances in the body, one of the key causes of acne.
Green Tea is found Damage Control C + DNA, VersaCleanse Brightening Foaming Cleanser, VersaCleanse Gentle Cleanser and VersaLift Eye Cream and VersaLift Neck Cream
Hyaluronic Acid is a part of modern skin treatments. Known as the jewel of skin treatments, it is one of the key ingredients to help the skin fight against aging. Hyaluronic Acid cleanses the skin, improves elasticity, increases collagen production, and makes the skin stronger against bacterial action. Priyana Damage Control and Priyana HylaSilk contain rich amounts of Hyaluronic Acid to make your skin youthful.
Daytime and Nightime Skincare Routine Against Aging
Start your day by cleansing the skin. AHA/BHA are useful in defending the skin against harmful environmental factors. Priyana VersaCleanse has two cleanser with one containing AHA/BHA acids, and the more gentle gel cleanser containing BHA to prepare your skin fight against the sun damages.
Moisturizing your skin is an important step in all skincare regimens. We recommend an oil free lightweight serum called HylaSilk by PriyanaMD It is great for all skin types, even those that suffer from Rosacea or Acne. For more mature dry skin add Damage Control C + DNA after HylaSilk to lighten pigment, increase skin hydration, reduce wrinkles and give you an overall skin glow. Always wear a sunscreen before going in the sun.We recommend a chemical free sunscreen called VersaTint SPF 30. It gives you amazing coverage, protects against the sun using chemical free ingredients and blends right into your skintone. .
PriyanaMD is a paraben free skincare company that offers the latest advancements for the aesthetic market.