Physical sunscreens contain active mineral ingredients, such as titanium dioxide or zinc oxide, which work by sitting on top of the skin to deflect and scatter damaging UV rays away from the skin. They are often referred to as physical blockers.
Pros of physical sunscreens:
• Offers protection against both UVA and UVB rays and is naturally broad spectrum
• Protects from the sun as soon as it’s applied, no wait needed
• Lasts longer when in direct UV light (but NOT when doing physical activities that cause the skin to get wet or sweat)
• Less likely to cause a stinging irritation on the skin, making it better for sensitive skin
• Better for those with heat-activated skin (like those with rosacea and redness) since it deflects the heat and energy given off by the sun away from the skin
• Less likely to be pore-clogging, making it ideal for blemish-prone skin types
How is VersaTint SPF30 compared to a foundation? Tinted creams are made up of ingredients such as humectants, anti-oxidants, iron oxides, and titanium dioxide.
Difference between Tinted Moisturizer:
The basic difference between foundation and tinted moisturizer is in its proportion of ingredients. However, a tinted sunscreen can act as your foundation too!! It’s true, too much make up or foundation actually makes you look older. Wearing a tinted SPF will allow you to use less foundation, which is healthier for your skin!
Advantages of VersaTint SPF 30:
Feels very light weight on the skin.
One shade fits most
Chemical free sunscreen
Tinted sunscreens allow you to use less foundation
Reduces appearance of blotchy, red, discolored and aging skin
Gives a polished, even balance to skin