Everything You Need To Know About Facial Wrinkles
Jun 19th 2019
Wrinkles are dreaded by many, but they still arrive some day. Every human gets wrinkled skin during the old age. The real bothersome issue is the premature aging of the skin. Aging of skin at a young age can lead to wrinkles and fine lines on the face. All hate these wrinkles, be it a man or a woman. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent these wrinkles. If they are already appearing, then there are ways to reduce and remove these wrinkles through artificial and natural techniques. With this wrinkle-tackling guide, you can say goodbye to your facial wrinkles.
What are Wrinkles and the Causes Behind Them?
The expression folds, waves, creases, and fatigue lines on the surface of the skin visible to eyes are wrinkles. These wrinkles tend to get permanent due to less elasticity of human skin. As people get old, permanent wrinkles appear. They are inevitable after a certain age. However, they can also appear at a young age because of several external and internal factors. The common areas where wrinkles are visible on the face include around the eyes, forehead, near the lips, cheeks, and neck area. Wrinkles gradually grow from fine lines to deep creases and furrows.
Some factors other than age that are responsible for the wrinkles on your skin are:
- Too much facial expressions – This is a common cause of getting wrinkles on your face at an early age. You cannot do much about this because humans do important communication through their expressions. You can, however, try to frown less and show less anger. Being calm and happy is a natural wrinkle reducer strategy.
- Smoking and Drinking – Heavy Smokers often end up with dull and lifeless skin. Smoking reduces the hydration levels of your skin, which makes it dry and patchy. Smokers may develop forehead creases and fine lines all over their face. Drinking is also bad for your skin. Drinkers have dull and colorless skin with broken or damaged veins.
- UV light – Exposing your skin to UV rays for longer periods can lead to faster aging of the skin. The skin starts getting tanned and wrinkles at a young age when exposed to UV light constantly. The rays break the connective tissues of your skin, which can cause lethal diseases too.
- Collagen scarcity – Two proteins are present in our skin responsible for keeping the skin elastic and healthy. The two proteins - Collagen and Elastin, can be considered wrinkle reducer elements of the body. They can fall to low levels due to some diseases or UV rays. This causes wrinkled skin.
Prevent and reduce facial wrinkles naturally
There are many habits and substances that can help you to prevent future wrinkles and reduce current wrinkles.
- Get enough sleep.
Sleep is very important to maintain healthy and fair skin. Studies have shown that less and bad quality sleep can directly increase skin aging speed. Sleep deprivation can cause premature skin aging. It can also lead to reduced skin immunity against sun exposure and UV rays. Having a sufficient sleep religiously every night is the best wrinkle reducer accessible free of cost.
- Improve Collagen reserves
The good thing with collagen being a leading wrinkle reducer is that it can be boosted easily. You can improve collagen levels either through prescribed medications or through diet. Experts always recommend diet improvements rather than medicines. Collagen can be boosted through meat, cheese, bone broth, green vegetables, and beans.
- Increase vitamin C intake
Vitamin C is among the highest functional vitamins for the human body. The vitamin is responsible for bone maintenance, tissue repairs, and body growth. Vitamin also plays an active role in keeping your face moisturized and wrinkle-free. You can get your Vitamin C supply from citrus fruits, guava fruits, broccoli, leafy vegetables, and berries.
- Go sober and no smoking.
If you want glowing and wrinkle-free skin, go sober, or control your drinking habits. Having occasional drinks will be okay and even beneficial. However, going sober has greater health benefits and a sense of achievement attached to it.
Smoking is also damaging your skin and lungs. It provides absolutely zero benefits to your body. So, you should quit it as soon as possible. This small change can reduce wrinkles naturally.
- Reduce stress in your life
Stress is proven to cause scaly, parched, and wrinkly skin in both men and women. To relieve stress, you can incorporate meditation in your routine. Spend time with your friends and family whenever you are free. Fellow human beings can be your greatest stress buster.
Premature aging of the skin can happen with anyone. One needs to make necessary amendments in lifestyle to remove the wrinkles at an early stage.