Origins dating back to 18th century England, face masks have been used for centuries by women of all skin types and needs. Different kinds of face masks perform different purposes: some cleanse your pores, most hydrate your skin, few treat acne, and many lighten your complexion. Some are rubbed off as an exfoliator, some are washed off after drying, while others are peeled off by hand. More so, many face masks are quick and effective, and need only a few minutes to work, while many others are overnight masks. Different masks serve different purposes and offer different benefits. Let us understand face masks in more detail, and bring a closer look into 24 karat gold maskand its benefits.
Different Types of Face Masks
Face masks are an easy and affordable medium to achieve effective skincare at home. From clay muds to sheet masks, let us explore more about the different types of face masks available in the market:
- Cream Masks: Filled with rich oils and moisturizers to nourish dry skin cells, this face mask is most suited for normal to dry skin
- Clay Masks: Containing natural clays such as kaolin, bentonite, and others, these masks are made to exfoliate the skin, unclog pores, tighten the skin, and make the skin feel light and clean. They are best suited for normal to oily skin types. If you have inflamed skin, then too, this product is effective in caring for acne, breakouts, and redness
- Gel Mask: Leaving a soothing, cooling sensation after use, Gel face masks are best suited for dry and sensitive skin. They are also super effective when infused with powerful ingredients, as they absorb quickly while hydrating the skin
- Sheet Masks: Often used for instant effects like reduce redness and puffiness, these sheet masks suit most skin types and are fuelled with skin serums containing powerful ingredients like caffeine, hyaluronic acid, and others. Popular varieties include a collagen face mask, a 24 karat gold face mask, a green tea face mask, etc.
- Exfoliating Masks: Targeted to remove dull, dead skin cells, these masks exfoliate the skin and bring back the natural glow onto the face. Suitable for most skin types except sensitive skin
Benefits of Using Face Masks
Facial masks are one of the easiest ways to get healthy, glowing skin within minutes. The process is quick and easy, and the benefits are far-reaching. Let us look at some of the most common benefits achieved from the routine application of face masks:
- Increased Skin Hydration: Lack of moisture and hydration, especially during the winter season, is a common concern of most users. Face masks are infused with a bunch of super-hydrating ingredients that penetrate deep into your skin and supply it with a boost of moisture. Hydrated and moisturized skin is easy to care for, and the application of skincare products and makeup becomes easier. Also, it gives you an unmatched healthy, plump glow
- Refined Pores: Large pores lead to a host of problems like oily skin, acne, and clogging due to dirt, pollution, and makeup. Face masks help deep cleanse the pores, remove oil and dead skin, and also help improve blood circulation
- Diminishes Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Regular use of face masks can help reduce the appearance of signs of aging such as fine lines, dark spots, blemishes, etc. Infused with anti-aging and nourishing ingredients, most face masks help treat early signs of aging. They also help improve the texture of the skin, making it smoother and softer
- Firmer Skin: With age, the skin loses its natural elasticity and begins to become loose. Loose, dull skin can make you look older than your actual age. Certain masks are infused with collagen, which helps with the growth and rejuvenation of skin cells, thus helping make the skin look tighter and younger.